Already have a Username/Password for Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Last update: 23.02.2017
A) Article Writing CodesThe articles that are sent to be evaluated for publication in Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciencesare designed according to the rules stated below:
- Articles sent to Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences can either be in Turkish, English or Arabic. The length of the article should not exceed 15 pages. The softcopy of the article is to be typed in Times New Roman font as a Microsoft Word document. Margins are: 5 cm on the top, 4 cm at the bottom, 4.5 cm from the right and left.
- The title of the article is to be written first in the original language of the article aligned in the centre in bold with font-size 12. The correlation of the article in the other language is to be stated after single space in font-size 10, in the centre, in bold and italic.
- Author(s’) name(s), name of the current institution, department name and e mail address are to be filled in on the copyright form. Since the blind refereeing is employed in the journal, information about the author(s) should not be mentioned on the article.
- Initially, there has to be a ‘summary’ of the article in at most 100 words in italics in the original language of the text followed by another one in the other language. Below the summaries, key words (at most 5 words) are to be written.
- Titles in the text are to be numerated with Arabic figures (e.g. 1., 1.1,1.1.2...etc.) with depth not more than 3. The main titles are to be in font-size 12 in bold, the subtitles and the followings are to be in font size 10, in bold.
- The text must be written in single-spaced 10 point-size. After each paragraph there must be a single space and the paragraphs are to be started aligned to the left. If the references from other sources are not more than 3 lines they are written in italics in quotation marks. If the reference is more than 3 lines, the paragraph is to be written 3 inches indented from right and left in italics in font-size 9.
- Tables and diagrams are to be titled and numerated. Titles must be positioned above the tables (e.g. Table 1. Name of the table), and under the diagrams (e.g. Diagram 1 Name of the diagram). Tables and diagrams must be placed vertically (if the tables and diagrams are full-page size they can be placed horizontally). Equations must be aligned in the middle of the page and the numbers of the equations must be aligned to the right hand side of the page in parenthesis.
- References to the sources must be given in parenthesis in the text. The order in the parenthesis is as follows: Author(s) surname(s), (for the sources without author’s name the first three words of the name of the book, then insert triple dot), year of the source, page number(s) (e.g. Surname, date: page number).
- All the sources referred in the text following the rules stated above must be acknowledged in the bibliography, and sources that are not cited in the text should not be on this list. Sources must be put in alphabetical order and must be regulated according to the examples (APA Style) shown in ‘bibliography writing’ part. Except for the proper names, the names of the articles and books are to be written in lower-case letters. The initial letters of the names of the journals are to be upper-case letters. For the ‘bibliography’ format, ‘bibliography writing samples’ part must be checked. In case of any indecision, published articles in the journal must be checked.
- To present the last form of the article organized according to the publication rules before the publication process is in the author’s charge; the articles are not published unless they are presented in the appropriate text format.
B) Reference Examples (For English Language Articles)
Journal article in print: 1 author
[In-text citation: (Şentürk, 2009: 63)]
- Şentürk, R. (2009). Açık medeniyet ve sosyal içerme. Muhafazakar Düşünce, 6(21-22), 41-49..
Journal article in print: 2 authors
[In-text citation: (Tonta & Ünal, 2005: 88)]
- Tonta, Y., & Ünal, Y. (2005). Scatter of journals and literature obsolescence reflected in document delivery requests. Journal of the American Society for Information Science & Technology, 56(1), 84-94.
Journal article in print: 3-6 authors
[In-text citation: First citation: (Kernis, Cornell, Sun, Berry, Harlow, & Bach, 1993: 1120); Subsequent citations: (Kernis et al., 1993: 1130)]
- Kernis, M. H., Cornell, D. P., Sun, C. R., Berry, A., Harlow, T., & Bach, J. S. (1993). There's more to self-esteem than whether it is high or low: The importance of stability of self-esteem. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 65, 1190-1204.
Journal article in print: More then 7 authors
[In-text citation: (Lakic et al., 2012: 3)]
- Lakic, B., Arık, M., Aune, S., Barth, K. L., Belov, A. S., Borghi, S. ... Zioutas, K. (2012). Status and perspectives of the CAST experiment. Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 375(2), 1-4. http://dx.doi.org/10.1088/1742-6596/375/1/022001
Journal article online: Digital Object Identifier supplied
[In-text citation: (Koç, 2002: 260)]
- Koç, E. (2002). The impact of gender in marketing communications: The role of cognitive and affective cues. Journal of Marketing Communications, 8(4), 257-275. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13527260210145993
Journal article online: No DOI supplied (freely available on the Web)
[In-text citation: First citation: (Aygören, Yeşilyurt, Güloğlu, & Küçükkaplan, 2015: 208) ; Subsequent citations: (Aygören et al., 2015: 208)]
- Aygören, H., Yeşilyurt, M., Güloğlu, B., & Küçükkaplan, İ. (2015). Türk bankacılık sektöründe hisse senedi performansı ve etkinlik arasındaki ilişki. Doğuş Üniversitesi Dergisi, 16(2), 203-215. Retrieved from http://journal.dogus.edu.tr/ojs/index.php/duj/article/view/914
Journal article online: Advance publication
[In-text citation: (Koç & Altınay, 2007)]
- Koç, E., & Altınay, G. (2007). An analysis of seasonality in monthly per person tourist spending in Turkish inbound tourism from a market segmentation perspective. Tourism Management. Advance online publication. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tourman.2006.01.003
Journal article online: Institutional repostory
[In-text citation: (Müslümov, in press)]
- Müslümov, A. (in press). Merger announcements and market efficiency : Do markets predict synergetic gains from mergers properly?. Doğuş Üniversitesi Dergisi. Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/11376/1290
Journal article submitted for publication
[In-text citation: Kurt & Zehir, 2016)]
- Kurt, A. & Zehir, C. (2016). The relationship between cost leadership strategy, total quality management applications and financial performance. Doğuş Üniversitesi Dergisi. Manuscript submitted for publication.
Books and eBooks
Book: Single author
[In-text citation: (Şentürk, 2014: 175)]
- Şentürk, R. (2014). Açık medeniyet: Çok medeniyetli toplum ve dünyaya doğru. İstanbul: İz Yayıncılık.
Book: Two authors
[In-text citation: (Page & Stritzke, 2015: 88)]
- Page, A. C., & Stritzke, W. G. K. (2015). Clinical psychology for trainees: Foundations of science-informed practice (2nd ed.). Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
Book: 3 authors
[In-text citation: First citation: (Ranzijn, McConnochie & Nolan, 2009) Subsequent citations: (Ranzijn et al., 2009: 66)]
- Ranzijn, R., McConnochie, K., & Nolan, W. (2009). Psychology and indigenous Australians: Foundations of cultural competence. South Yarra, Vic: Palgrave Macmillan.
Book: 4 or more authors
[In-text citation: (Wolfe et al., 2015: 120)]
- Wolfe, J. M., Kluender, K. R., Dennis, L. M., Bartoshuk, L. M., Herz, R. S., Lederman, S. J., & Merfeld, D. M. (2015). Sensation & perception (4th ed.). Sunderland, MA: Sinauer Associates.
Book: Different editions
[In-text citation: (Passer & Smith, 2015: 77)]
- Passer, M. W., & Smith, R. E. (2015). Psychology: The science of mind and behaviour (2nd ed.). North Ryde, NSW: McGraw-Hill Education.
Book: No author
[In-text citation: (The Australian Oxford dictionary, 1999: 50)]
- The Australian Oxford dictionary (3rd ed.). (1999). Melbourne: Oxford University Press.
[In-text citation: (Hallinan, 2006: 36)]
- Hallinan, M. T. (Ed.). (2006). Handbook of the sociology of education. New York: Springer.
Book: 2 or more editors
[In-text citation: (Day & Antonakis, 2012: 63)]
- Day, D. V., & Antonakis, J. (Eds.). (2012). The nature of leadership (2nd ed.). Los Angeles, CA: Sage.
Book: Organisation as author
[In-text citation: (Australian Bureau of Statistics, 2000: 92)]
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. (2000). Population by age and sex, New South Wales, 30 June 2000 (ABS Cat. no. 3235.1). Canberra, Australian Capital Territory: Author.
[ie., article] in edited book
[In-text citation: (Groundwater-Smith, 2007: 135)]
- Groundwater-Smith, S. (2007). As rain is to fields, so good teachers are to students. In S. Knipe (Ed.), Middle years schooling: Reframing adolescence (pp. 151-170). Frenchs Forest, N.S.W: Pearson Education Australia.
[In-text citation: (Rowley, 1996: 150)]
- Rowley, J. (1996). Bilginin düzenlenmesi: Bilgi erişime giriş.(Çev. S. Karakaş, H. Ü. Can, A. Yıldızeli, B. Kayıran). Ankara: Türk Kütüphaneciler Derneği. (Orijinal yayın tarihi, 1992)
eBook: Entire book
[In-text citation: (Chisum, 2006: 77)]
- Chisum, W. J. (2006). Crime reconstruction
[Adobe Digital Editions]. Retrieved from Ebook Library.
eBook: Chapter - from a database
[In-text citation: (Mitchell, 1913: 88)]
- Mitchell, H. W. (1913). Alcoholism and the alcoholic psychoses. In W. A. White & S. E. Jelliffe (Eds.), The modern treatment of nervous and mental diseases (Vol. 1, pp. 287-330). Retrieved from PsycBOOKS.
Book: Different works by same author in same year
[In-text citation: (Glenn & Johnson, 1964a: 90); (Glenn & Johnson, 1964b: 90)]
- Glenn, W. H., & Johnson, D. A. (1964a). Calculating devices. London: John Murray.
- Glenn, W. H., & Johnson, D. A. (1964b). Graphs. London: Murray.
Chapter in book in print
[In-text citation: (Onan & Sennaroğlu, 2009: 69)]
- Onan, K. & Sennaroğlu, B. (2009). Comparative study of production control systems through simulation. In N. Mastorakis, J. Sakellaris (Eds.), Advances in Numerical Methods (67-78. ss.). New York ; London: Springer. http://dx.doi.org/10.1007/978-0-387-76483-2_6
Dictionary / Encyclopaedia Entries
Reference book: Entry
[In-text citation: (Keyormarsi, O'Leary & Pardee, 2007: 200)]
- Keyormarsi, K., O'Leary, N., & Pardee, A. B. (2007). Cell division. In McGraw-Hill encyclopedia of science & technology (9th ed., Vol. 3, pp. 618-621). New York: McGraw-Hill.
eReference book: Entry
[In-text citation: (Keyormarsi, O'Leary & Pardee, 2014: 200)]
- Pegrum, M. (2009). Keyormarsi, K., & Pardee, A. B. (2014). Cell division. In McGraw-Hill encyclopedia of science & technology. Retrieved from AccessScience.
[In-text citation: (Australian Psychological Society, 2008)]
- Australian Psychological Society. (2008). Substance abuse: Position statement. Retrieved from http://www.psychology.org.au/publications/statements/substance/
Web page: No author
[In-text citation: ("Budapeşte Açık Erişim", 2012)]
- Budapeşte açık erişim girişimi. (2012). Retrieved from http://www.budapestopenaccessinitiative.org/translations/turkish-translation
Web page: No date
[In-text citation: (Şentürk, n.d.)]
- Şentük, R. (n.d.). Rektörün Mesajı. Erişim adresi http://ibnhaldun.edu.tr/tr/rektorun-mesaji
Webpage: No author or date: With quote
[In-text citation: (“Heuristic”, t.y., para 1) Count paragraphs if not numbered]
- Heuristic. (n.d.). In Merriam-Webster’s online dictionary (11th ed.). Retrieved from http://www.m-w.com/dictionary/heuristic
[In-text citation: (TÜİK, 2016)]
- TÜİK (2016, Kasım). İşgücü İstatistikleri [Basın bülteni]. Erişim adresi http://www.tuik.gov.tr/PreHaberBultenleri.do?id=24624
[In-text citation: (Malissa, 2008)]
- Malissa, A. (2008, October 2). Re: Egypt planning DNA test on 3,500 year old mummy
[Online forum comment]. Retrieved from http://www.topix.com/science/anthropology/ 2008/05/egypt-planning-dna-test-for-3-500-year-old-mummy
[In-text citation: (Brown, 2008)]
- Çelik, S. (2011, 21 Aralık). Dergilerin indekslenmesi ve etki faktörü (impact factor).
[Web günlük postası] Erişim adresi http://sonmezcelik.blogspot.com.tr/2011/12/dergilerin-indekslenmesi-ve-etki.html
Electronic mailing list
[In-text citation: (Anderson, 2005)]
- Anderson, O. (2005, June 2). Re: Psychology of terrorism
[Electronic mailing list message]. Retrieved from http://archives.econ.utah.edu/archives/theory-frankfurt-school/2005w22/msg00000.htm
[In-text citation:(Sports psychology, n.d.) ]
- Sports psychology. (n.d.). In The psychology wiki. Retrieved December 2, 2008, from http://psychology.wikia.com/wiki/ Sports_psychology
[In-text citation: Saito, (2012)]
- Saito, T. (2012). Technology and me: A personal timeline of educational technology
[Powerpoint slides]. Retrieved from http://www.slideshare.net/Bclari25/educational-technology-ppt
Thesis in print: Unpublished
[In-text citation: (Çetinkaya, 2015: 188)]
- Çetinkaya, Ş. (2015). Stochastic mortality using non - life methods. (Unpublished doctoral dissertation). Doğuş University Institute of Social Sciences, İstanbul.
- Çelik, S. (1999). Üniversite kütüphanelerinde personel yönetimi ve Türkiye'de durum. (Unpublished master's thesis). İstanbul Üniversitesi Sosyal Bilimler Enstitüsü Kütüphanecilik Anabilim Dalı, İstanbul.
Thesis in print: Published
[In-text citation: (May, 2007: 67)]
- May, B. (2007). A survey of radial velocities in the zodiacal dust cloud. Bristol, UK: Canopus Publishing.
Thesis online: Electronic database
[In-text citation: (Rich, 1989: 55)]
- Rich, P. D. (1989). The rule of ritual in the Arabian Gulf, 1858-1947: The influence of English public schools (Doctoral dissertation). Retrieved from ProQuest Dissertations and Theses - UK & Ireland. (AAT 8918197)
Thesis online: Institutional repository
[In-text citation: (Bilir, 2014: 43)]
- Bilir, C. (2014). Supply chain network optimization model incorporating competitive facility location problems. (Doctoral dissertation, Dogus University, İstanbul). Retrieved from http://hdl.handle.net/11376/1039
Conference Proceedings and Papers
Paper in conference proceedings in print
[In-text citation: (Game, 2001: 350)]
- Game, A. (2001). Creative ways of being. In J. R. Morss, N. Stephenson & J. F. H. V. Rappard (Eds.), Theoretical issues in psychology: Proceedings of the International Society for Theoretical Psychology 1999 Conference (pp. 3-12). Sydney: Springer.
Paper in conference proceedings in print: No editor
[In-text citation: (Doğdaş, & Akyokuş, 2013: 3)]
- Doğdaş, T., & Akyokuş, S. (2013). Document clustering using GIS visualizing and EM clustering method. In 2013 IEEE International Symposium on Innovations in Intelligent Systems and Applications (INISTA) (pp. 1-4). Piscataway, NJ: IEEE. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/INISTA.2013.6577647
Paper in conference proceedings online: Electronic database
[In-text citation: (Balakrishnan, 2006: 259)]
- Balakrishnan, R. (2006, March). Why aren't we using 3D user interfaces, and will we ever? Paper presented at the IEEE Symposium on 3D User Interfaces. http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/vr.2006.148
Conference papers: Unpublished
[In-text citation: (Santhanam, Martin, Goody & Hicks, 2001)]
- Santhanam, E., Martin, K., Goody, A., & Hicks, O. (2001). Bottom-up steps towards closing the loop in feedback on teaching: A CUTSD project. Paper presented at Teaching and Learning Forum - Expanding horizons in teaching and learning, Perth, Australia, 7-9 February 2001.
[In-text citation: (Akbaytürk et al., 2014: 40)]
- Akbaytürk Çanak, T., Çelik, S., Çetinkaya, İ., Çukadar, S., Güneş, G., Gürdal, G. ... Kaygusuz, A. (2014). 2023'e doğru Türkiye'de üniversite kütüphaneleri: Mevcut durum, sorunlar, standartlar ve çözüm önerileri. Ankara: Yükseköğretim Kurulu. Retrieved from http://yok.gov.tr/web/ukr
[In-text citation: First citation: (Türkiye İstatistik Kurumu [TÜİK], 2012: 67); Subsequent citations: (TÜİK, 2012: 67)]
- Türkiye İstatistik Kurumu. (2012). Faaliyet raporu: 2011 mali yılı. Retrieved from http://www.tuik.gov.tr/jsp/duyuru/upload/FR-2011.pdf
Non-government / unofficial reports
[In-text citation: (Kendall, 2011: 99)]
- Kendall, C. (2011). Report on psychological distress and depression in the legal profession: Prepared for the Council of the Law Society of Western Australia. Retrieved from http://www.mhlcwa.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/Psychological-distress-depression-in-the-legal-profession-16-May-2011.pdf
Standards and Patents
[In-text citation: (Standards Australia/New Zealand Standard, 1994)]
- Standards Australia. (1994). Information Processing - Text and office systems - Office Document Architecture (ODA) and Interchange format: Part 10: Formal Specifications (AS/NZS 3951.10:1994). Homebush, NSW: Standards Australia.
Standard online: Electronic database
[In-text citation: (Standards Australia, 2008)]
- Standards Australia. (2008). Personal flotation devices – General requirements (AS 4758.1-2008). Retrieved from Standards Online.
[In-text citation: (U.S. Patent No. 5,641,424.7, 1996)]
- Hornak, P. (1996). Resonator for magnetic resonance imaging of the ankle. U.S. Patent No. 5,641,424.7.
Patent online: Electronic database
[In-text citation: (Australian Patent No. AU 2008100919, 2008)]
- Clark, J. M., & McCallum, J. M. (2008). Method for and composition of excipient suitable for use in herbal formulations and formulations derived therefrom. Australian Patent AU 2008100919. Retrieved from SciFinder.
[In-text citation: Yedinci Beş Yıllık Kalkınma Planı, 1999)]
- Yedinci Beş Yıllık Kalkınma Planı 1996-2000. (1995). T.C. Resmi Gazete (22354, 25 Temmuz 1995).
C) Rules to be Followed by the Authors
- To consider the relevancy (or suitability)of the articles to Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences the authors are requested to present both printed and electronic copies of Copyright Transfer Form. This form is used as a cover page of the article in the blind referee process that it is of vital importance to fill this form fully and correctly. Printed version of this form must be signed and signed copy must be scanned as a PDF, JPG, TIFF or PNG file and must be uploaded to a place which is called “ uploading extra documents and files” at the 4th step.
- The author(s) must prepare their articles in accordance with journal publishing code and they must pay high attention to moral codes. The writings not following the rules would not be evaluated till they are regular.
- The author(s) can follow the articles accepted for evaluation and the related process via the Journal Internet page by using their user names and passwords sent to them.
- The author(s) who have been asked for corrections after referee’s evaluation must send back their writing in four months time. If the author(s) do not reply in the time given, their articles are not be evaluated.
- The author(s) must update their articles in accordance with the referees’ suggestions. If they do not think a revision or addition offered by the referee is appropriate, they must inform the editorial board about this by specifying their reasons. The referee would be informed as well.
- The author(s) can demand to withdraw their articles during the process of evaluation by e-mail, letter or fax. The acceptance for withdrawal depends on the verdict of the Editorial Board. The author(s) cannot send or publish the articles which have not been accepted for the withdrawal by the Editorial Board. The institutions which the author is working with and the related publisher would be informed about the issue.
- During the make-up process, the author(s) must reply the prompts for check up and corrections in the time given. If the author(s)do not reply back in the time given, their articles will be postponed in order to be evaluated for the following copy.
- Under no condition will the back dating demands be accepted.
- Articles are not accepted for a specific copy in Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. Authors are free to send their articles in any time. The articles, evaluation processes of which are over, are published in accordance with their arrival date.
- Once the articles sent in accordance with publishing codes arrive at the Editorial Office, they are put into process after the necessary examination. The applications not meeting the codes are not put in process.
- The articles which are sent to the author(s) for correction can be sent through electronic environment.
- Once the make-up process of the articles which the Editorial Board decided to publish is over, the article is sent to the author(s) for the last check as there might be mistakes. The authors are to check the article in the time given. If the last check is not completed in the time given, the article is postponed for the following journal.
- Two articles of the same author(s) can not be published in the same copy. The second article of the same author can be published only after another copy of the journal is published. This process is taken into account for the first author if the number of the co-authors of the article increases.
D) Sending an Article on Internet
The following steps are to be followed sending an article over Internet to Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences:
- Open registry form using the Register option in the menu.
- Carefully fill in the Registry form (with co-authored articles, only the lead writer should register here as other writers will be registered in the mailing phase).
- When you receive confirmation e-mail including your username and password, follow the instructions in the message.
- Access the system with your username and password in order to send your article.
- Click the link under Start a New Submission on Active Submissions page.
Applications are sent in 5 stages:
- Starting Application: In this stage, Forwarding Language is selected, Application Check List is checked and Copyright Editing is approved.
- Uploading Application File: In this stage, the article is uploaded to the system following the instructions on the page. The article should be written in Microsoft Word and must not be larger than 3 MB.
- Entering Application Information: In this stage;
- If it is a co-authored article, click Add Author button for each author and fill in the required fields.
- Enter Title and Abstract of Article.
- Fill in Form Directory fields.
- If it is a co-authored article, click Add Author button for each author and fill in the required fields.
- Uploading Additional Documents and Files: This stage ensures uploading to the system of documents and files required in addition to the main upload. Firstly, the Copyright Transfer Form is uploaded and on completion, fill in the form following the instructions on the page. After this form is saved, additional documents are downloaded following the instructions on the page.
- Confirmation of Application: Click End Application to send your application to the Editor.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- This article has not been published elsewhere, nor has it been sent to a publisher for publication.
- The article has been written in Microsoft Word format and does not exceed 3 MB.
- The article does not exceed 16 pages and uses Times New Roman font. Margins are: top 5 inches, bottom 4 inches, left and right 4,5 inches.
- The article has been presented in line with the rules and samples in Authors Guide.
- References have been prepared in line with the rules and samples in Authors Guide.
- Author name(s) and any statements that might remind author name(s) within the text have been removed in conjunction with regulations of blind review. Furthermore, personal information has been removed from document features (Click for further info on the topic).
- Copyright Transfer Form has been downloaded and prepared. As this document also includes author information (name of author, name of institution and e-mail address) put on the Introduction Page of articles in conjunction with regulations of Blind Review, all the fields in the form have been completed. Its print-out has been signed and scanned and made ready for upload on stage 4.
The manuscript with title and authors as indicated below is being submitted for publication in Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences. This article or a major portion of it was not published, not accepted and not submitted for publication elsewhere. If accepted for publication, I hereby grant the unlimited and all copyright privileges to Ibn Haldun University Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.